Rosie's Cake Smash | Celebrating ONE!
I thought it would be fun to capture the fun of Rosie's first birthday with a series of 'cake smash' photos. It's a beautiful way to celebrate a first birthday milestone with what was her first 'taste' of cake!
What you need to create your own Cake smash!....
* A clear 2.5m x 2.5m area at home preferably a blank white wall with good lighting
* Create a fringe backdrop. I used 9 x pre-cut fringed crepe papers (2.4m x 50cm) from Poppies for Grace (here). Alternate the colours. I used blutack to stick each row to the wall.
* Add some extra decoartions. I used 2 x honeycomb fancies from Poppies for Grace (here).
* Bake a light cake (a light reciepe will make it easier for your baby to break into). I used a Coconut Chiffon Cake receipe which was given to me from the lovely Emily at Food Babies Love. I decoarted this with strawberries and a 'R' and 'ONE' Cake Topper from Poppies for Grace (here).
* Lay down a sheet on the floor so cleaning up will be easy and you're ready to let you baby go crazy with their cake! Don't forget to take lots of photos to capture the fun!
Photography: Red Rabbit Photography.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE ROSIE x