Perfect Pendants | Statement lighting
The perfect pendant light has the ability to frame a space and completely change the look and feel of a room. Here is a wrap up of some of my favourite pendant lights guaranteed to make your space shine.
When I'm designing an interior space installing the perfect lighting is key. A beautiful pendant light will complete the room and give it an instant ambiance that furniture alone can't do. There is a huge range of pendant lighting out there and it's often hard knowing where to even start looking, so here is a compilation of some of my favourites, all tired and tested to create instant wow factor. The rules on pendants are clear... they're a strong feature so keep them simple, contemporary and timeless and your room will thank you. I always suggest investing in really beautiful quality pendant lighting, and if budget is an issue, you can then style your room with more affordable furniture and the pendants will hold their weight and keep the look of the room feeling high end.
My top tips for choosing the perfect pendants:
- When using more than 1 pedant in a line or cluster, always use an odd number...3 always looks great.
- Resist the temptation to center over the middle of a kitchen island bench, place them off center for a more considered look.
- Use the cord - loop it, knot it, make it a feature.
- Matt surfaces often have a higher end feel than a shiny surface and will bonce off the other light in the room well.
- Less is more - if you've got an open plan kitchen and dining space, choose pendants over the island OR over the dining table, not both.
- Invest in good quality pendant lighting, a cheap pendant will make the room feel just that.
Here are some of my favourites....